We've partnered up with our friends over at Lunches & Littles again to bring you even more delicious and kid friendly recipes! Not only will this recipe be delicious in the summer but even as a lunch box staple during the school year.. or even mixed in with yogurt!
"Over the summer- and even into the fall, we find ourselves needing quick dishes to bring to potlucks, weekend gatherings- and more. And with lots of little kids usually among the guests, we like to keep these side dishes both simple and kid-approved.
This Cranberry Fruit Salad features all sorts of different fruits and a delicious blistered cranberry sauce made with @capecodselect Cranberries. It's the perfect dish to bring to any get-together or even enjoy around your family's table. And while we love making this in the summer and fall months, it would certainly also work for a winter dish- or even a holiday side. Make it now, or save this post for some inspiration later this year!"
12 oz of Cape Cod Select Whole Frozen Cranberries
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 Gala apples (diced)
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges (drained)
1 pint blackberries
1 heaping cup fresh strawberries (halved or cut into fourths)
2- 3 bananas (sliced)
-Start off by making your sauce. To do this combine cranberries, water and sugar in a small pot or saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often. Continue to cook until the water and sugar starts to turn pinkish, and some of the berries begin to pop. Approx. 10- 12 min.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool.
- While sauce cooks, wash and prep fruit as needed (dicing, slicing, etc.) then combine apples, blueberries, mandarins, blackberries, strawberries and bananas into a large mixing bowl. Carefully stir to combine.
- Then, slowly add cooled cranberries and about half of the liquid into the bowl with other fruit. Again carefully stir to coat.
- Reserve the remaining sauce for topping later, when serving, etc.
- Refrigerate fruit salad until ready to enjoy.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!