Recipe and photography by Kyleigh of Barley & Sage
We love working with food bloggers and seeing what they make our cranberries into! Kyleigh of Barley & Sage made these Cranberry Orange Muffins and they are simply delicious. Who doesn't love cranberries and orange together? Make these muffins anytime of the year with our frozen cranberries available! No need to thaw just fold the frozen cranberries right into the batter.
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 TBSP orange zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup almond flour (or all purpose flour)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/3 cup orange juice, about 1 large orange
1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
sparkling sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare muffin tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
3. Add in the eggs and orange zest and whisk until fully incorporated.
4. Stir in the vanilla and yogurt until combined.
5. In a separate small bowl, sift together the flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
6. Add half of the dry ingredient mixture and stir until combined.
7. Mix in the orange juice, then stir in the remaining dry ingredients.
8. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts (do not thaw frozen cranberries).
9. Spoon the batter into your muffin cups so that they are almost full. Sprinkle sparkling sugar over top of each muffin if desired.
10. Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes for regular sized muffins. Rotate the pan about halfway through so that the muffins brown evenly.
11. Remove and let cool on wire rack.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!