By Shana Schad of Pineapple & Coconut
During our 2016 Holiday Food Blogger Recipe Challenge, Shana Schad submitted this original Sparkling Prosecco & Cranberry Bundt Cake and took home our Grand Prize!
This cake is simple yet elegant. Prosecco and cranberries…. Has a nice ring to it. Our team was eager to dive into this recipe.
We were impressed that this recipe called for cranberries in both cake and frosting.
When recreating this recipe we used a traditional Bundt cake pan. We recommend doubling the glaze so you can cover the entire cake.
Great cake for any occasion and absolutely delicious, our team couldn’t get enough!
Find more of Schad’s original recipes on her blog Pineapple & Coconut.
15 Oz. All Purpose Flour (Just Shy Of 3 Cups)
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt
2 3/4 Sticks Unsalted Butter At Room Temperature
2 Cups Sugar
4 Whole Eggs At Room Temperature
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Prosecco
2 1/2 Cups Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
2-3 Tbsp. Cranberry Syrup*
2 Tbsp. Prosecco
1. Grease a 12 C bundt pan well with butter then flour lightly. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together well, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each additional then add in the vanilla extract. Mix well then scrape down the sides.
5. Alternate adding the flour and prosecco and mix until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and add chocolate chips by hand.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until toothpick used to poke thorugh the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert on a wire cooling rack and cool completely before glazing.
For the Glaze:
In a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar, two tablespoons of cranberry syrup** and two tablespoons of prosecco. Stir until fully combined and smooth. This will be a thick glaze. If a thinner glaze is desired add more cranberry syrup one tablespoon at a time. If the glaze ends up too thin, add in more powdered sugar.
**To make the cranberry syrup combine one cup of Cape Cod Select Frozen Premium cranberries and ½ cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and press as much juice out of the cranberries as possible. Strain out the cranberries and return the liquid to the pan It should be about 1 cup. Add in 1 cup sugar then bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Let simmer about 5 minutes until slightly reduced. Let cool completely before using. You will have extra syrup leftover, it is great on pancakes and waffles and even in cocktails.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!