Bake Your Cake and Eat It Too!
We’re going to let you in on a little secret… this cake is made from a box! YUP! You read that right! Not only does it save you time but it’s readily available in a grocery retailer near you. But this recipe ADDS some goodies to make this cake unique. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Recipe by: Cara of Kindly Unspoken Blog.
Chocolate Cranberry Cake
1 15.25oz Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Frozen Cranberries
1/3 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
White Chocolate Glaze
3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp. + 2 Tsp. Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs and mix well until no lumps are in the batter.
3. Gently fold in frozen cranberries and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into greased bundt pan and bake for 38-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. While cake is baking, prepare the white chocolate glaze by combining the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a saucepan and cooking over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes before drizzling on the cake.
6. Once cake is fully cooked, place bundt pan on a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes before flipping onto a serving platter. Let the cake gradually release on its own before removing the bundt pan. Allow cake to cool completely out of the pan before drizzling with while chocolate glaze.
7. Drizzle white chocolate with a spoon and garnish cake with fresh cranberries before serving.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!