Cranberry Orange Scones pair nicely with a cup of tea or coffee. Make a batch and share with friends and family.
This recipe was created by LaKita Anderson of Simply LaKita for the 2016 Holiday Blogger Challenge we hosted. It’s a great recipe for the holidays but we enjoy it year round! You can even get creative and use our Cranberries Plus Blends for a more mixed berry or tropical flare.
1 3/4 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
1 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Juice
1 Cup Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and whisk together to make sure combined. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the heavy cream, orange zest, orange juice, and the Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries.
3. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the heavy cream mixture and stir until everything comes together to form a soft tough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a clean lightly floured surface and turn it a few times until the dough sticks together in a ball. Flatten out the ball to form a circle about ¾ inches thick and cut the same way as you would a pizza.
5. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown.
6. Remove the cranberry orange scones from the oven and while they are cooling for a few minutes make the orange glaze in a small bowl by whisking together the powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. If you would like a thicker glaze to add more powdered sugar and if you would like a thinner glaze to add more orange juice.
7. Drizzle the glaze over the scones and serve while still warm or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!