You can't go wrong with Cranberry BBQ Sauce!
You're going to want to make extra! These tasty Cranberry BBQ Chicken Bites will be the hit of the party! The homemade BBQ sauce infused with cranberries is drool worthy. Seriously, if you have extra sauce, save it for another dish! This recipe and photo is brought to you by Amanda of The Skinny Fork blog. The recipe was submitted into our 2018 food blogger contest and we love making it. The recipe calls for using an Instant Pot, however you can easily adjust the recipe to the stove top/oven).
Cranberry BBQ Sauce:
• 1 C. Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
• 1/2 C. Chopped Shallot
• 1/4 C. Red Wine Vinegar
• 1/4 C. 'No Salt Added' Tomato Sauce
• 6 Tbsp Sugar
• 5 Tbsp. Natural Sweetener (we like honey or agave)
• 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
• 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Tsp. Dijon
• 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
• 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
• 1/4 Tsp. Worcestershire
• 1/4 Tsp. Liquid Smoke
• Salt & Pepper to Taste
• 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
• 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, Sliced About 1/4" Thick (I got about 20 slices each potato.)
• 1/2 C. Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
• Optional Toppings: Pickled Red Onions, Pickled Jalapeño Peppers, Avocado, Cilantro, Etc.
1. Place all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce into the base of the instant pot and set it to 'sauté'.
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow to cook, stirring constantly, for 5-10 minutes or until the cranberries have burst and cooked down.
3. Turn the sauté feature off and allow the mixture to cool slightly before using an immersion blender (or regular blender) to puree the mixture down.
4. Place the 2 boneless skinless chickens breast into the BBQ sauce and secure the lid. Turn the steam valve to 'stealing' and set the pressure cooker to 'poultry' for 45 minutes.
5. Once the instant pot is done, allow the pressure to drop on it's own or use the quick release.
6. Remove the chicken and pull apart. I shredded mine with two forks.
7. Place the chicken back into the BBQ sauce to mixture together and set instant pot to 'warm'.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat and lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
9. Set the sweet potato slices out on the prepared baking sheet and top with a sprinkle of BBQ seasoning.
10. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are starting to become tender.
11. Divide evenly with the warm BBQ chicken, followed by the 1/2 C. shredded cheese (also divided evenly.)
12. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and bake for about 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
13. Once done, remove from the oven and top with any additional toppings and serve!
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!