A Fall Favorite!
You can't possibly go all fall without having an apple cider donut! It's a quintessential fall favorite. Add frozen cranberries and you've got yourself a fall recipe you won't be able to resist. The flavor burst of the cranberries really adds to the overall recipe and blanaces the sweet donut.
1 1/2 Cups Apple Cider
1 3/4 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Ground Cardamom
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
3 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Melted
1/2 Cup Buttermilk (or other milk)
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Frozen Cape Cod Select Cranberries
1 Stick Butter, Melted
1 Cup Sugar
3 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1. Reduce the apple cider in a skillet over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until cider thickens to about 1/3 cup.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease donut pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt and stir to combine then set aside.
4. In another bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
5. Whisk butter into wet ingredients and then slowly add in the reduced apple cider, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
7. Divide batter evenly into the donut pan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. While donuts bake, melt 1 stick of butter into a medium sized bowl.
10. In a seperate bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
11. Once donuts have cooled, coat in butter and dip into the sugar mixture so that each donut is covered in cinnamon and sugar.
12. Serve immediately (warm is best) or store in the fridge in a sealed container up to 3 days.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!