5 1/2 hours
Do you remember fruit roll ups? Well these Cranberry Fruit Leathers are just like those but YOU control the ingredients. Processed fruit snacks can be loaded with sugar, colors and dyes, and ingredients you’re not even sure what they are! With homemade fruit leathers you use real ingredients and real fruit!
This recipe submitted into our 2020 Year of the Cranberry Blogger Challenge by Kimlai of Eatin Asian Blog. is a great go to snack! Check it out for yourself!
4 Cups Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
1/2 Cup Water1 Inch Ginger (Peeled And Sliced)
juice Of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Ginger Powder
1/4 Cup Sugar (Alternatives: Honey/agave/stevia)pinch Of Chili Powder (Optional)
1. In a medium sized saucepan combine cranberries, water and 1-inch ginger, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
2. Use an immersion blender and mash up the cranberries. (If you do not own an immersion blender, use the back of a spoon to mash berries).
3. Add sugar, spices and lemon and stir together. Simmer on the stove for a few more minutes so all the flavors can fully combine.
4. Pour cranberry mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cranberry mix out evenly.
6. Bake at 170 degrees for 5 hours. After 5 hours check on the fruit leather. If it’s still sticky then put back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Don’t over bake it!
7. Allow to cool completely. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut fruit leather and parchment into strips. Roll fruit leathers up and you have yourself a grab and go snack.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!