Zero Baking Required!
8+ 8oz Mason Jars
A perfect summer dessert especially for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day! The red, white and blue colors are prominent in this dessert. Did you know cranberries are America's Original Superfruit? It's true! Cranberries are one of only three native fruits to North America. Can you guess the other two? They're the Concord Grape and Blueberries. This dessert features two out of the three, not bad! OK back to the dessert - the lightness of the angel food cake and cool whip with the tasty fruits really make this a light and easy dessert to consume on a hot summer day. And did we mention, no cooking or baking required? Simply grab a premade angel food cake from your grocery store bakery and you don't have to turn your oven on! Save yourself time and effort and still look like you spent a lot of time and effort making these festive desserts. The mason jars make the perfect size too!
1 round Angel Food Cake (Bakery section of grocery store)
1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries
1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
1/2 cup Frozen Cape Cod Select Cranberries
1 container Cool Whip
1. Slice angel food cake into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
2. Wash and dry strawberries and blueberries. Slice strawberries into small bite sized pieces. Blueberries can remain whole or sliced in half if very large.
3. Pour 2-3 tbsp. of sugar into a bowl. Toss 1/2 cup frozen cranberries in sugar until evenly coated
4. Layer bottom of mason jars with 3-4 cubes of angel food cake.
5. Next layer each jar with cool whip so the angel food cake is covered evenly.
6. Sprinkle strawberries, 3-4 blueberries and 3-4 sugar coated cranberries over cool whip.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 so each mason jar has two layers of each ingredient (angel food cake, cool whip, fruit).
8. Place in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!