Not Your Traditional Cranberry Loaf
This Cranberry Orange Yogurt Loaf is a great recipe for breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea, or as a dessert. The yogurt and orange glaze in this recipe keeps the loaf moist and keeps the loaf from crumbling.
This recipe was created by Laura Davis of Laura of Tide & Thyme Blog
1/2 Cup Plain Or Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
zest Of 1 Orange
1 Tsp Orange Extract
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/4 Cups Frozen Cape Cod Select Cranberries
1/4 Cup Confectioners Sugar
juice Of 1 Orange
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9×5 (standard loaf pan) with parchment paper.
2.Set pan aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the baking powder, flour, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
4.In a larger bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, orange zest, orange extract, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
5. Gently add dry mixture from medium bowl into the large bowl of wet ingredients using a rubber spatula and fold over itself until mostly combined. Leave a few streaks of flour in the batter (Laura says it bakes better!)
6.Toss the frozen cranberries with a pinch of flour and then add them to the batter. Carefully fold cranberries into the batter and pour into the prepared baking pan.
7. Bake loaf for 55-60 Minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the the loaf comes out clean.
8. While the loaf is baking prepare the glaze by whisking confectioners sugar and orange juice together in a small sized bowl.
9. Once loaf is done baking, spoon glaze evenly over the hot loaf.
1. Allow the loaf to rest for 2 hours in the baking pan before serving/removing.
2. Cranberry Orange Yogurt Loaf will store nicely in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!