On the go Breakfast or Snack!
20 Mins. + Cooling Time
Looking for a delicious way to start your day? These tasty make-ahead Cranberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are a great option for breakfast of course but also perfect for adding to lunchboxes or enjoying as a snack! Featuring Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries, this recipe is quick, nutritious and delicious. Recipe created by and photographed by Lunches & Littles.
A few drizzles of Oil Oil
2-3 Cups Frozen Cranberries
3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. Hemp Hearts
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Very Ripe Bananas (Mashed Well)
1 Cup Nut Butter
1/2 Cup Plain Honey
1 1/2 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Walnut Pieces
- Start off by lining a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper. Alternatively you can spray pans with a non-stick cooking spray. Set baking sheets aside.
- Next, heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in your frozen cranberries. Saute cranberries until they begin to pop and break down just a bit. Then carefully remove from skillet, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: oats, cinnamon, baking powder and hemp hearts. Mix to combine.
- Then, in a separate (can be smaller) bowl, combine: milk, bananas, nut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Again, stir to combine.
- Carefully add your wet ingredients into the dry and gently stir to fully incorporate.
- Now, add to your bowl the majority of your cooked down cranberries (reserving a small amount for topping; see below) as well as the walnut pieces. Again, carefully mix to combine.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for approx. 1 hour to firm up your mixture. During this time, pre-heat oven to 360 degrees and line
- Once time is up, remove bowl from your refrigerator, and start to scoop out small scoops onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Using the back of the scoop of a fork, etc. flatten the tops of your cookies just slightly. Then, using your reserved cranberries add additional cranberries on top, until you have 2- 3 on top of each cookie.
- Bake 15-20 min. or until cookies are set/stay together, being careful that the bottoms do not burn.
- Once done, remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for a few min. prior to carefully transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled (or mostly cooled!), enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container for 3 or so days, refrigerated. Enjoy these cookies any time of day, breakfast to lunch to snack time. Yum!
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!