A bowl that will keep you full and energized throughout the day! Made with delicious ingredients and a tangy vinaigrette dressing to top it off! This recipe is from our 2020 Year Of The Cranberry Food Blogger Challenge by Mary of Oh That’s Good Blog.
1 Small Shallot, Finely Chopped
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Champagne Or Rice Wine Vinegar
3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
2 Tbsp. Orange Juice, Freshly Squeezed
zest Of One Lemon
zest Of 1/2 Orange
1/4 Cup Frozen Cranberries
salt & Pepper To Taste
3 Cups Quinoa, Cooked
1 Cup Broccoli Florets, Cooked - Bite Sized Pieces
3/4 Cup Garbanoz Beans, Cooked
2 Small Stalks Celery Sticks, Raw- Diced
3/4 Cup Almond Slivers
1 Cup Frozen Cranberries (Thawed)
For the Vinaigrette:
1. Add all ingredients, except salt and pepper to a blender or food processer. Pulse until cranberries are broken down but not pureed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store refrigerated in a jar with a lid until ready to use.
For the Grain Bowl:
1.Cook enough quinoa or other grain (per package directions) to make 3 cups.
2. Blanch broccoli until just tender but still a bit crunchy.
3. Rinse and drain canned garbanzo beans.
4. Chop the celery stalks.
5. Thaw the cranberries. Chop the larger ones and leave the small ones whole. (They are easier to chop while still frozen)
6. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. If eating warm, add enough vinaigrette to coat the mixture. Toss and serve. If serving cold, refrigerate and add vinaigrette before serving.
7. Taste and add extra salt or pepper as needed. Serve extra vinaigrette on the side.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!