Bring this side to the next get together!
Tired of the same side dishes night after night? Mix it up with this Quinoa Salad with Cranberries, Feta, and Cashews. This is a great side for a cookout too! You don't want to bring just any ole potato or pasta salad right? This recipe comes together quickly and is very tasty! Original recipe and photo by husband and wife duo of The Beard and The Baker Blog.
1. Rinse and drain your quinoa, using a mesh strainer.
2. Add rinsed quinoa to a medium pot and cover with water or vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Once it's boiling, reduce to a simmer and slightly cover for about 6-8 minutes.
4. Next add frozen cranberries and stir. Again, slightly covered, cook for another 6-8 minutes.
5. Remove quinoa/cranberry mixture and drain slightly, if needed. Season with salt and pepper and gently fluff with a fork. Pour in serving bowl and set aside to cool.
6. Add chopped green onion, feta, and cashews to cranberry/quinoa and gently mix until fully combined.
**Use vegetable broth to boil quinoa in for a bit more flavor.**
If you're salad needs a little moisture drizzle a lemon juice before serving.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!