Easy Breakfast Or On The Go Snack!
We are always on the hunt for easy on the go breakfast or snacking options. Who has time to sit and eat at the table anyway? As part of our 2020 Year Of The Cranberry Food Blogger challenge we added the category “Healthy On The Go” to find the best of the best recipes to fill the void of healthy on the go cranberry recipes. This recipe by Agnes of Spoons & Stilettos Blog is easy to make and perfect to grab and go!
3 Cups Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Orange Zest
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
12 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, Melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spray or grease 8×8 baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper. Make parchment long enough to overhang on the sides. Grease or spray parchment paper too.
3. Melt butter and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
5. Using a food processor, chop frozen cranberries and put in separate bowl.
6. Add orange zest and remaining granulated sugar to cranberry bowl and stir.
7. Pour warm butter into the dry ingredient bowl and still until ingredients are well combined. Pour half of the dough into the bottom of the pan and press firmly until evenly distributed.
8. Spread the cranberry mixture over the layer of dough then top with remaining dough. Gently press the top layer to evenly distribute dough.
9. Bake until golden brown for about an hour, making sure to rotate the pan halfway through cooking to ensure even baking.
10. Allow to cool completely. Pull parchment paper out of pan and cut into 16 bars and serve.
Keep in a sealed container up to 1 week.
Sign up for our email newsletter to receive mealtime inspiration, special savings,
Cape Cod updates and more!